In this FIBS Impact event, you can
- Get an update on WBCSD’s Vision 2050 Refresh project and agenda for sustainable business
- Ensure that the Vision 2050 Refresh work incorporates issues which are relevant to the Northern European context
- Be part of a network of collaborators in Northern Europe to drive change
With over three dozen leading companies, the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is driving a collective, business-led effort to revisit its Vision 2050 – a landmark report issued a decade ago and focused on the opportunity for business to help unlock the transformations that are needed to allow over 9 billion people to live well, within the boundaries of the planet by mid-century.
The final Vision 2050 output, to be completed by October of 2020, will provide business with the positive, opportunity-based, action agenda it needs for the decade to come, in support of the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals and beyond.
As part of this exercise, WBCSD is working with its Global Network partners, including FIBS, to realize an engagement program in form of a global roadshow across key geographies including: Australia; Brazil; China; Europe; India; Japan; Latin America; North America; Southeast Asia; and Southern Africa.
This workshop provides an opportunity to input into this process, to exchange on the back of insights about the challenges and opportunities for business to catalyze transformation of major economic systems (food, energy, mobility, etc.) and trends that will most likely shape the operating environment over the next ten years. This session aims to:
- ensure that the Vision 2050 Refresh work incorporates the varying impacts and importance of sustainability challenges in Finland,
- create an ownership of the Vision 2050 process to ensure the initiatives can be practically implemented in Finland;
- build a network of collaborators in Finland to drive change
More information is available here.
08:30 Registration & Coffee
09:00 Welcome and introductions
Linden Egdell, Regional Engagement Lead, WBCSD
Vision 2050 Refresh Overview
Background to Vision 2050 & project overview, and findings to date
Regional context: What are some of the most important trends and developments in Finland?
- How well do the proposed updated Vision 2050 pathways resonate with priorities in Finland?
- How do global trends unfold in Finland and affect business in the country?
- What’s the role of business to realize systems change? What actions or activities can business implement and deliver to drive change at scale in Finland?
Highlights of discussion
Wrap up and next steps
This workshop is targeted for senior executives and sustainability professionals in Finland from the private sector and wider stakeholder groups
The workshop will be facilitated by members of the Vision 2050 Refresh team of the WBCSD. WBCSD is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. The organization was founded in 1991.
The event is included in the FIBS membership fee
Miira Kokkonen, 044 367 3632, miira.kokkonen(at)fibsry.fi