This FIBS Delegation gives you a chance to
- participate the world’s largest human rights event in the company of professionals from leading companies and organizations
- take part in selected networking events during the event
- gain access to the pre-meeting of the event and learn best tips from people who have attended the Forum previously
- find new and broader insights into questions related to business and human rights
Join the popular FIBS Delegation to the UN Forum!
The United Nations Forum on Business and Human Rights is the world’s largest gathering focused on businesses’ human rights impacts. Annually, the Forum gathers more than 2000 participants around the world to discuss the most topical trends around business & human rights.
The three-day event covers over 60 sessions where some of the world’s leading experts, researchers, practitioners and stakeholders share lessons and experiences on implementing impactful human rights due diligence.
The event has been divided into smaller thematic discussions, from which participants can choose the most interesting sections or days. The program is broad and comprehensive, offering every participant interesting takeaways: food for thought, resources, networking opportunities and inspiration to improve the management of human rights impacts.
This year, the Forum’s overall theme is “Time to act: Governments as catalysts for business respect for human rights”. However, there will be plenty of sessions relevant to all kind of organizations, including companies. Read more about the 2019 programme here (tentative schedule only).
FIBS Delegation to the Forum has raised many thanks from participants in the previous two years, and again this year we will help you to navigate the jungle of the Forum’s extensive programme and find the most interesting contacts.
As a member of FIBS Delegation you will also gain access to the Forum pre-meeting in Helsinki on November 6th, and to selected networking events in Geneva organized by FIBS. After-meeting for FIBS delegation will be organized in Helsinki upon request.
“FIBS Delegation group brought clarity to the event and FIBS’ stakeholder visits complemented the program well.” – Kati Ihamäki, Vice president, Brand and Corporate Responsibility, OP
“Being part of FIBS Delegation helped me network with other participants and supported sparring ideas together.” – Tytti Nahi, Advocacy Manager, Fairtrade Finland
- The FIBS delegation is aimed at all stakeholders (companies, NGOs, public sector organizations, researchers etc) interested in following the most topical discussions around business & human rights, and networking with the key practitioners and influencers from Finland and abroad.
- Open for participants from all FIBS’ member organizations
Please note that
- you will be expected to register to the Forum officially via the organizer’s website here
- the participants of the delegation are responsible for all their practical travel arrangements, FIBS will provide more information on recommended travels upon registration to the FIBS Delegation
Miira Kokkonen, Coordinator, FIBS, firstname.lastname@example.org, +358 44 367 3632