Towards more sustainable world
FIBS (Finnish Business & Society) is the largest corporate responsibility network in the Nordic countries, a leading promoter of sustainable business and developer of corporate expertise.
For more than 20 years, we have been helping Finnish companies to combine responsibility and business on a practical level.
We believe that the biggest challenges for our planet and our well-being – the climate change, the loss of nature and growing inequality – can be addressed through sustainable and responsible business.
FIBS brings together companies and corporate stakeholders
The key role of FIBS is to bring companies and business stakeholders together to share best sustainability practices and solutions.
FIBS is a unique player in the field of corporate responsibility due to its diverse membership: our network already includes nearly 400 companies and organizations, among these the 10 largest companies in Finland and dozens of key corporate stakeholders, from NGOs to universities and public sector organizations.
At our events, you can discuss ways to do more impactful business with your colleagues from companies and other organizations. We also cooperate actively both domestically and with international CR networks, such as World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD).
We offer the best ways to develop a sustainable business
FIBS is the leading corporate responsibility event organizer in Finland: we produce dozens of events every year on current responsibility topics, from webinars to workshops. At our events, you can learn about the latest sustainability tools and practices, hear inspiring case examples from different industries, and share information and experiences. In addition to this, our services include a comprehensive news and information service from research reports to newsletters, publications and to dozens of webinar recordings.
With our services
- You will stay up to date on corporate responsibility trends and the latest practices
- You’ll hear inspiring case examples of responsibility solutions and practices
- You can easily implement responsibility in all business operations and deepen the responsibility skills of all your personnel by utilizing our services to support internal training
- You can deepen the responsibility skills of your entire organization – starting with top management
- You will learn to manage different CR topics using the latest tools and frameworks, and you can take your sustainablity operations to a new level
- You can expand your contact networks, find peer support, and discuss confidentially with colleagues from other companies
- You will have the opportunity to grow your reputation as an active developer of responsible and sustainable business
FIBS membership is a significant employee benefit
FIBS members can choose the service package that suits them best:
- With FIBS Pro services, you can deepen the skills of your entire staff and take your sustainability operations to a new level, you’ll get access to all our services and you can join the unique FIBS Peers sparring and peer support network
- With FIBS Basic services, you will stay up-to-date on corporate responsibility and get a holistic view of sustainable business
In addition, all FIBS members can apply to the FIBS Partner Program, through which you can increase your reputation as a top expert in the field by cooperating with FIBS on a long-term basis.
The events and other services included in the FIBS Pro and FIBS Basic service packages are available to all employees of our member organizations. They benefit both senior management and the personnel of different businesses, regardless of their job description.
As a member of FIBS, you can offer all your employees the opportunity to increase and expand their skills, find new career paths and thereby strengthen job satisfaction and commitment to work, and build an employer reputation as a company that invests in sustainability.
FIBS member satisfaction is top notch
Member satisfaction is the starting point for all our activities. We systematically collect information about our members’ views through event feedback surveys and annual member satisfaction surveys.
The overall rating given to FIBS’s operations by all respondents in the FIBS 2021 Member Satisfaction Survey was 4.0/5, 97% of the respondents say that FIBS has performed well in its membership services, and as many as 100% of the respondents would recommend FIBS to their colleagues in the field of corporate responsibility.
Join FIBS or take your membership to a new level
All companies and organizations that aim to promote corporate responsibility in their operations can become members of FIBS.
Fill in our membership application form and select the service package that best suits your organization: FIBS Pro or FIBS Basic (FIBS Perus) service. FIBS Pro includes FIBS Basic services. You can find information about FIBS membership fees from this presentation (pdf) and FIBS membership policies and bylaws here.
If your organization is already a member of FIBS, but would like to have access to all FIBS services in the future and join a unique sparring and peer support network, subscribe to the FIBS Pro service using this form.
FIBS’s operations are developed and supervised by a Board of Directors consisting of representatives of the member companies, which is elected at FIBS’s annual meeting. In 2022, the FIBS Board members are:
- Nina Jankola-Väntär, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, Skanska
- Kaisa Jungman, Director, Sustainable Business Development, Metso Outotec
- Terhi Koipijärvi, Director, Communications, Strategy and Responsibility, Metsähallitus – Chair of the Board
- Marjut Lovio, Sustainability Manager, Marimekko
- Outi Mikkonen, Client and engagement lead, Impaktly Group
- Tomas Otterström, Partner, KPMG Finland
- Laura Puustjärvi, Head of Sustainability, Valmet – Vice Chair of the Board
- Lea Rankinen, Sustainability and Public Affairs, Paulig
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our team:
- Angelina Kuokkanen, Corporate Responsibility Specialist, tel. +358 40 095 3871, email@example.com
- Veera Iija, Leading Specialist, tel. +358 40 6740190, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miira Kokkonen, Corporate Responsibility Specialist, tel. +358 44 367 3632, email@example.com
- Helena Kekki, Director, tel. +358 50 3451 966, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tarja Laakkonen, Communication Manager, tel. +358 400 877 396, email@example.com
- Kimmo Lipponen, CEO, tel. +358 40 758 7247, firstname.lastname@example.org